Welcome to Canham Farm Horse Rescue – Scotts Valley
A Horse Rescue, Rehabilitation, Re-training Center Dedicated to Ending the Suffering of Horses Everywhere.
Canham Farm Horse Rescue is not your typical Horse Rescue or Horse Rehabilitation Facility. We rescue and help end the suffering of abused, neglected and unwanted horses, as well as rescue and advocate for our nation’s wild horses.
We are committed to reducing the greatest amount of suffering for the largest number of horses through advocacy, education and, when possible, exposing cruelty and prosecuting abusers.
Canham Farm Horse Rescue believes that all horses deserve a future, and by building trust, re-educating, retraining and understanding, they can be re-homed to suitable people and have a long, happy and useful life.
Our Horse Rescue Exists:
- To end abuse, neglect, slaughter and suffering of all horses
- To retrain horses to have a useful and respected life
- To give ongoing support and advice on all aspects of equine care
- To support and commit to the welfare of all horses
- To provide programs to help humans interact with horses
- To advocate for America’s Wild Horses and end the BLM round-ups
Educating People to Interact Successfully With Horses
Horses can be complicated and confusing. There are so many things to learn and remember, and so much often conflicting information available, that it can be difficult to know where to turn. We are here to help and would far prefer an owner to ask if they are not sure about something. This could be anything from knowing how to help a new horse settle in, to admitting that you’re struggling to cope or difficulty meeting the financial burden of horse ownership. Please stay tuned for upcoming programs and events.
Ways You Can Help!